Bold Steps - 36" x 24"
“I had just had a breast reduction and was learning how to love my new shape. After 30 years of hating my body, specifically my breasts, and covering myself in layers so I couldn’t be seen, to be nude in front of a camera was a groundbreaking experience. After the shoot, I felt relief and pride in myself for taking such a bold step. Today, I finally feel like my shape matches who I am on the inside.”
THE BODY PROJECT: collection description
In "THE BODY PROJECT," Mary-Jo Lough examines the complex interplay of self-perception, societal expectations, and the evolving notions of beauty and identity. Through her artistic lens, she navigates the intricate terrain of body positivity and body neutrality, shedding light on the transformative journey toward self-acceptance and the redefinition of societal norms. This artistic journey is deeply personal, stemming from Mary-Jo's own struggles with body perception. Collaborating with the skilled photographer Kelly Szott and involving 12 courageous volunteer models, Mary-Jo translates her and her model's contemplations surrounding these profound concepts into a captivating collection. Vulnerability, strength, and appreciation are intricately interwoven throughout THE BODY PROJECT. Each piece bears imprints of both the artist's journey and that of the models, serving as a roadmap for viewers to connect with and contemplate their own narratives, struggles, and triumphs.
Wouldn't it be helpful to see Mary-Jo's artwork in your home before making your final decision? Mary-Jo offers this service to collectors in Calgary and the surrounding area. To book an appointment email: email@example.com
- 1.5” profile, wired and ready to hang!
- Signed, dated, and titled with authentication certificate attached to back
- All products used are professional-level quality
- Finished with a museum-level varnish that protects the surface from environmental factors and protects the pigments from ultraviolet light
- Shipping is free in Calgary and surrounding area (Okotoks, Bragg Creek, Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane)
- PLEASE CHOOSE PICK-UP AT CHECKOUT IF YOU ARE IN THIS RANGE TO HAVE FREE SHIPPING - I will contact you and arrange a time to deliver
- Local pick-up is offered
- Standard UPS/Canada Post shipping rates apply outside of Calgary & Area - with a tracking number straight to your door
- At checkout, you will be given delivery choices based on your address, weight, and dimensions of the package. Please contact me if the cost seems incorrect.
- Buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes if they are applicable in your country
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions