Contained - 36" x 24"
"No two bodies are the same; there is no “perfect” or “ideal” body, and the sooner we start realizing that and believing it individually we take away the power that is contained in the mass media’s marketing of the “perfect body” for men, women, nonbinary, transgender, and EVERYONE. That power is only held so long as we give it to “them” and I believe strongly in taking your power back and self-love, although I am a work in progress myself. I want everyone to believe they are ENOUGH just as they are; scars, smooth skin, cellulite, body hair, and so on…it’s all acceptable and BEAUTIFUL! Bodies are art and we should celebrate them as such!"
- Exceptional Model
THE BODY PROJECT: collection description
In "THE BODY PROJECT," Mary-Jo Lough examines the complex interplay of self-perception, societal expectations, and the evolving notions of beauty and identity. Through her artistic lens, she navigates the intricate terrain of body positivity and body neutrality, shedding light on the transformative journey toward self-acceptance and the redefinition of societal norms. This artistic journey is deeply personal, stemming from Mary-Jo's own struggles with body perception. Collaborating with the skilled photographer Kelly Szott and involving 12 courageous volunteer models, Mary-Jo translates her and her model's contemplations surrounding these profound concepts into a captivating collection. Vulnerability, strength, and appreciation are intricately interwoven throughout THE BODY PROJECT. Each piece bears imprints of both the artist's journey and that of the models, serving as a roadmap for viewers to connect with and contemplate their own narratives, struggles, and triumphs.
Wouldn't it be helpful to see Mary-Jo's artwork in your home before making your final decision? Mary-Jo offers this service to collectors in Calgary and the surrounding area. To book an appointment email: email@example.com
- 1.5” profile, wired and ready to hang!
- Signed, dated, and titled with authentication certificate attached to back
- All products used are professional-level quality
- Finished with a museum-level varnish that protects the surface from environmental factors and protects the pigments from ultraviolet light
- Shipping is free in Calgary and surrounding area (Okotoks, Bragg Creek, Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane)
- PLEASE CHOOSE PICK-UP AT CHECKOUT IF YOU ARE IN THIS RANGE TO HAVE FREE SHIPPING - I will contact you and arrange a time to deliver
- Local pick-up is offered
- Standard UPS/Canada Post shipping rates apply outside of Calgary & Area - with a tracking number straight to your door
- At checkout, you will be given delivery choices based on your address, weight, and dimensions of the package. Please contact me if the cost seems incorrect.
- Buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes if they are applicable in your country
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions