Proud In My Skin - 24" x 24"
“I have always been a bit heavier, but I have almost always felt good in my own skin. When I was in my early 20s, I made the choice to have a breast reduction. This changed my relationship with my body, for the better. I am proud of those scars and felt it was important to showcase them! As I get older, I feel like I have a responsibility to my body to take care of it and give back to it. It has given me my two boys, allowed me to travel and has led me on many adventures. As I sat, naked, in front of two strangers and a camera, it just felt like another adventure that I found myself and my body on.”
THE BODY PROJECT is a collaborative project between artist Mary-Jo Lough, and photographer Kelly Szott. It is a celebration of both body positivity & neutrality. The volunteer models were given the opportunity to journal about their posing experience. Most pieces in the collection have portions of their writing in the piece. Additionally, the reflections were used to title each piece.
- 1.5” profile, wired and ready to hang
- Signed, dated and titled
- Authentication certificate attached to back
- All products used are professional-level quality
- Finished with a museum-level varnish that protects the surface from environmental factors and protects the pigments from ultraviolet light
- Shipping is free for this item in Calgary and surrounding area
- Local pick-up is also an option
- Standard UPS/ Canada Post shipping rates apply outside of Calgary & Area
- Please use the chat box in the bottom right corner to ask for a shipping quote if the cost seems incorrect - Shopify limits the number of pre-saved package sizes and this can often lead to incorrect shipping costs.
- Buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes if they are applicable in your country
- Your package will be shipped via UPS? Canada Post with a tracking number straight to your door
- Please email email@example.com with any questions