Redeemed - 24" x 24"
“I don’t really have a problem being naked in front of anyone if it is wanted. Once stripped and the artists saw me, I no longer cared that I was naked. During the shoot, I felt no self-consciousness and just enjoyed the moment, and so I did. It has only been after seeing the pictures of myself that I have felt self-conscious. I understand that the collection is supposed to be about natural, flawed bodies but is hard to see any positive in the pictures. Nothing really surprised me about how I felt on the shoot or after. I like being naked, I like being the center of attention, and I know that I have body dysmorphia and am very self-conscious about my body.”
THE BODY PROJECT is a collaborative project between artist Mary-Jo Lough, and photographer Kelly Szott. It is a celebration of both body positivity & neutrality. The volunteer models were given the opportunity to journal about their posing experience. Most pieces in the collection have portions of their writing in the piece. Additionally, the reflections were used to title each piece.
- 1.5” profile, wired and ready to hang
- Signed, dated and titled
- Authentication certificate attached to back
- All products used are professional-level quality
- Finished with a museum-level varnish that protects the surface from environmental factors and protects the pigments from ultraviolet light
- Shipping is free for this item in Calgary and surrounding area
- Local pick-up is also an option
- Standard UPS/ Canada Post shipping rates apply outside of Calgary & Area
- At checkout, you will be given delivery choices based on your address, weight, and dimensions of the package. Please contact me if the cost seems incorrect.
- Buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes if they are applicable in your country
- Your package will be shipped via UPS? Canada Post with a tracking number straight to your door
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions