Bold Steps - 36" x 24"
“I had just had a breast reduction and was learning how to love my new shape. After 30 years of hating my body, specifically my breasts, and covering myself in layers so I couldn’t be seen, to be nude in front of a camera was a groundbreaking experience. After the shoot, I felt relief and pride in myself for taking such a bold step. Today, I finally feel like my shape matches who I am on the inside.”
THE BODY PROJECT is a collaborative project between artist Mary-Jo Lough, and photographer Kelly Szott. It is a celebration of both body positivity & neutrality. The volunteer models were given the opportunity to journal about their posing experience. Most pieces in the collection have portions of their writing in the piece. Additionally, the reflections were used to title each piece.
- 1.5” profile, wired and ready to hang
- Signed, dated and titled
- Authentication certificate attached to back
- All products used are professional-level quality
- Finished with a museum-level varnish that protects the surface from environmental factors and protects the pigments from ultraviolet light
- Shipping is free for this item in Calgary and surrounding area
- Local pick-up is also an option
- Standard UPS/ Canada Post shipping rates apply outside of Calgary & Area
- Please use the chat box in the bottom right corner to ask for a shipping quote if the cost seems incorrect - Shopify limits the number of pre-saved package sizes and this can often lead to incorrect shipping costs.
- Buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes if they are applicable in your country
- Your package will be shipped via UPS? Canada Post with a tracking number straight to your door
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions