Developing a Love - 24" x 36"
“As a survivor of childhood abuse, my body has been a living conduit to the trauma experienced. Learning to love my body was to recognize why I hated it so much and heal the relationship I had with it. In my experience living in a patriarchal society where men focused on my body and looks rather than my intellect or spirit was a part of that healing as it brought about feelings of discomfort and shame. I looked at how I have been developing a love for my body more so in what it can do rather than what it had been a part of and how to maneuver through life as a mother and teacher and heal my broken body and mind.”
THE BODY PROJECT is a collaborative project between artist Mary-Jo Lough, and photographer Kelly Szott. It is a celebration of both body positivity & neutrality. The volunteer models were given the opportunity to journal about their posing experience. Most pieces in the collection have portions of their writing in the piece. Additionally, the reflections were used to title each piece.
- 1.5” profile, wired and ready to hang
- Signed, dated and titled
- Authentication certificate attached to back
- All products used are professional-level quality
- Finished with a museum-level varnish that protects the surface from environmental factors and protects the pigments from ultraviolet light
- Shipping is free for this item in Calgary and surrounding area
- Local pick-up is also an option
- Standard UPS/ Canada Post shipping rates apply outside of Calgary & Area
- Please use the chat box in the bottom right corner to ask for a shipping quote if the cost seems incorrect - Shopify limits the number of pre-saved package sizes and this can often lead to incorrect shipping costs.
- Buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes if they are applicable in your country
- Your package will be shipped via UPS? Canada Post with a tracking number straight to your door
- Please email email@example.com with any questions