Exposed and Brave - 20" x 40"
“As a woman in my late 40’s, it has been and is getting easier to come to terms with the reality of who I am. In many ways, I can say accepting myself on the inside has been much easier than accepting myself on the outside. There were a couple moments I could have cried during the shoot. One, because I felt so exposed, obviously physically, but to myself, mentally as well. Faced with my body insecurities in a photo studio with a woman I just met. Vulnerable. Secondly, for being brave enough to drop the robe and make it happen. I am proud of those photographs. I don’t love them, but I am very proud of them.”
THE BODY PROJECT is a collaborative project between artist Mary-Jo Lough, and photographer Kelly Szott. It is a celebration of both body positivity & neutrality. The volunteer models were given the opportunity to journal about their posing experience. Most pieces in the collection have portions of their writing in the piece. Additionally, the reflections were used to title each piece.
- 1.5” profile, wired and ready to hang
- Signed, dated and titled
- Authentication certificate attached to back
- All products used are professional-level quality
- Finished with a museum-level varnish that protects the surface from environmental factors and protects the pigments from ultraviolet light
- Shipping is free for this item in Calgary and surrounding area
- Local pick-up is also an option
- Standard UPS/ Canada Post shipping rates apply outside of Calgary & Area
- Please use the chat box in the bottom right corner to ask for a shipping quote if the cost seems incorrect - Shopify limits the number of pre-saved package sizes and this can often lead to incorrect shipping costs.
- Buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes if they are applicable in your country
- Your package will be shipped via UPS? Canada Post with a tracking number straight to your door
- Please email email@example.com with any questions